Saturday, July 10, 2010

Always time for friends


A friend asks only for your time not your money.
Again, no proofreading for the missing comma here...and a very cheerful looking fortune with the two smiley faces!
True, a friend does not ask for money (unless it's for a quick borrowing with a quick repayment--I've done that before where I've conveniently left my money somewhere, and I'm someplace that doesn't take credit cards or something). But more importantly, friends offer time to each other, time to talk, time to laugh, enjoy each other's company.
Now, I must add that I would like to add consideration to this. Be considerate--time is valuable not only for you, but also for your friends...sometimes people are busy...so be aware that sometimes they may not be able to offer up time immediately. I have a friend who is nice and everything, but she often asks me to do things at the last minute (for example, texting me that morning at 11 AM to ask me to lunch on the same day). However, this is more than an occasional occurrence, and it happens quite often. It's a bit frustrating--I'd like to give her my time but I am also busy and am a notorious planner, where I have my life scheduled out a week, if not several weeks, out in advance. Plus, turning down multiple last-minute invitations really makes me feel bad and scummy, because I do not know if it gives off the impression that I don't want to do anything with her.

No comments: