Sunday, August 24, 2008

Watch out, cowardly lion!

Your courage will guide your future.

For whatever reason, I thought it apt to use my winged monkey sculpture with this fortune.

And, if you think about it, the choices that we make are ones that tend to be brave. I think the only cowardly decision one can make is to abstain from making one--and letting others or other circumstances decide what happens next. It could be that the scariest thing is the result of that decision, but sometimes, when you make a choice--it could lead to better things--sometimes worse things (if you're going to be a pessimist). But in the immortal words of Robert Frost:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.

1 comment:

Addiopolis said...

Stacey, you are so wise.